Saturday, March 23, 2013

Surviving Motherhood


This Post i wanted to share some secrets i have learned as being a mother. Many of my friends and even some of my family are either pregnant or have just barely had there baby! Very exciting times! And even tho haveing a baby is very exciteing and deffinetly a very happy time in your life it can also be very stressful! Being a new mother is hard and i wanted to share somethings that have helped me get through the day to days of motherhood.

 
1.) Learn to make your self happy.
I have learned that a happy mother is a good mother! i Have learned to just find happiness in simple things. I believe that i have had a good day if i get to take a shower and go on a stroller ride! Doing those things make me happy! Find something that makes you happy and do it!
 

 
2.) Eat healthy.
I have learned that if the first thing i do when Ryker goes down for a nap is to go grab something HEALTHY to eat. Forgeting to eat sounds rediculous but when your taking care of your baby's every need you often tend to forget your own.
 
 
3.) Read your scriptures everyday.
Somedays i have found that if i forget to do this simple act i start to loss focus on my heavenly fathers plan for me and my family. It is very easy to get depressed with all the crazy hormones and no sleep and new life style. but if i remember to read my scriptures my day is significantly better.
 
 
4.) Do not stress over the little things.
I wanted to start feeding ryker baby food as soon as he was allowed to have it. i heard from many people that they will start sleeping more threw the night when they are on a more solid diet. So i stressed myself out by trying to get some baby food down him! he is now eight months old and will still not even finish 2 ounces of baby food!
and i honestly dont care any more! its not a big deal if he doesnt get the hang of it right now and i have been a happier mother by not worrying about it constantly.
 
You will learn your own tricks as a mother that work best for you and your kids. I find confidence in the saying "It never gets easier, you just get better".

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing mom! Glad to have you as a sister! :)

    ReplyDelete